INDOT awards contract for Monon bridge over 146th Street

INDOT is awarding a contract to construct a pedestrian bridge over 146th Street. INDOT selected Rieth-Riley Construction to build the five-span steel-truss bridge, which will carry the Monon Trail Greenway 428 feet across and 17 feet over 146th Street at Rohrer Road. The Goshen-based company submitted the lowest of five bids at $2,566,800. Hamilton County is sponsoring the Local Public Agency project, which uses federal funds to cover approximately 80 percent of costs. The remaining 20 percent is locally funded. A construction schedule will be established in the near future. The project is expected to be completed by May 2013. For more information on the project, visit www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/topic/project.php?topicid=552&structureid=18.